Speech Analytics is a critical component of the contact center business, due to its ability to identify important patterns and information from disparate data emerging from various customer interactions, these data can be extracted and converted into actionable intelligence which can be leveraged to devise better Customer Experience strategies.
Strengthen The Contact Center Training Backbone
Due to its innate ability to mine and analyze audio data, Speech Analytics can detect subtle emotions, tones in a customer’s voice enabling contact center agents to identify customer expectations and formulate ways to quickly resolve their issues. The tool can also be used to map agent performance to recommended SLAs and agent training initiatives to improve issue resolution rates. Also, operational and performance issues across various agent rosters can be governed and managed to improve service delivery outcomes. Agent trainers can leverage the tool to filter difficult calls and create customized call resolution frameworks to enable seamless delivery and to improve the representative’s confidence. Reducing customer churn is another key area of application, companies can underpin reasons for customers moving away from the brand and train the agents in having conversations with customers to drive brand affinity and service quality.
Explore Sales Avenues
Speech Analytics can be integrated across various applications (like IVR, workforce optimization modules, QA, training, etc.), allowing agents to deliver more predictable customer experiences. Sales representatives can leverage SA data to analyze customer buying behaviors, specify their needs based on demographics, and identify up-selling or cross-selling opportunities.
Empowering Agents through Speech Analytics – Focus Areas
- Call Volume Analysis: Understand various reasons behind the calls through trend analysis
- Customer Voice Analysis: Analyze various customer voice modulations, tonal and pitch levels including emotions to get a deeper understanding of customer behavior and expectations
- Customer-Agent Interactions: Determine the reasons behind a customer call, generate insights from customer and agent through the engagement cycle (from pauses, talk overs, irate situations, etc.)
- Quality Assurance: Track agent’s delivery consistencies and communicative abilities, identify any breach of etiquettes, SLA compliance, and occurrences of wrong language practices
Revitalize Agent – Customer Engagement
Speech Analytics does contribute its might in myriad ways to reduce cost, and yet improve an agent’s performance:
- Sensitize the agent on areas of non-compliance, preventing fines, and damages
- Automation of call monitoring ensures real-time improvisation of conversations with the customer
- Short call times reducing cost per call
- Empowerment of agents with actionable data reduces agent attrition rates, ensures better training outcomes, and best-in-class delivery
- Streamline operational challenges and workflows improving agent performance
- Identify risky customers, detect agent bottlenecks, search speech knowledge database for similar conversations and devise action plans to retain such customers.
Speech Analytics is here to reimagine the contact center agent’s performance and delivery expertise. It covers all bases of agent performance, from call classification, resolution, training, quality control, customer retention to service quality. There is an increased deployment of SA to transform unstructured customer interaction data derived from various business disciplines (sales, marketing, etc.) to redefine and refine the agent’s core ability to interact with the customer and facilitate memorable customer experiences.