Globally, contact centers are viewed as cost centers – while reducing operations cost of the contact center is the biggest challenge, business leaders are also waking up to the fact that end customers can be delighted over every single interaction leading to customer loyalty and new revenue opportunities!
Let’s take a look at some of the key contact center industry facts and figures:
- Companies spend up to $15,000 to add a new call center agent to their staff with an average retention of 6 months and a 40 percent annual churn.
- 15% to 45% of calls handled are of the same nature and can possibly be automated but for the different languages and dialects that customers use when they call.
- The global cost of fraud and identify theft is now estimated to be over $200 billion per year
- Customer expectations are reshaped by faster response over social media, and they demand better service through contact centers:
- Lower “Average Speed of Answer (ASA)”
- Better “Average Call Handling Time (AHT)”
- Better “First Call Resolution (FCR)”
How do you balance above challenges and still manage to delight the millions of end customers who call you regularly? Can technology help in seamlessly solving customer issues and at the same time setup a platform for improving customer loyalty?
Here is where Uniphore’s Contact Center Automation solution can help you. Uniphore’s solutions allow any machine to understand and respond to natural human speech, thus enabling humans to use the most natural of communication modes, speech, to engage and instruct machines. Our solutions have been silently revolutionizing the customer contact center interactions in the following 4 ways:
- Customer Authentication – Voice Biometrics provides next generation security for enterprises to authenticate its customers. To gain access, the customer has to authenticate using their voiceprint which is as unique as their fingerprint and is impossible to forge. It can be deployed over IVR and data-enabled applications to provide support across all mobile devices and platforms. Example: Instead of the agent asking 4 to 6 authentication questions to a caller over 3 to 5 minutes, Uniphore’s voice biometrics solution can authenticate the caller in less than 15 seconds thereby saving time, effort, cost and also guaranteeing complete security.
- Issue Resolution – Speech Recognition is the ability of an application to understand and carry out spoken commands. With speech recognition integration, enterprises can enable natural, human-like conversations and satisfying interactions with customers. The IVR system will understand customer’s speech commands and execute appropriate transactions instantly. Example: A typical caller is struck with dial-pad based IVR router for at least 60 to 180 seconds to get through the appropriate help line. Uniphore’s Speech Recognition solutions enable callers to directly ask their query and have human like conversations.
- Fraud Detection – Audio mining embraces speech recognition technology to extract insights from prerecorded voice streams. This insight can then be used to classify calls, trigger alerts/workflows, and drive operational and employee performance across the enterprise. Example: Uniphore’s Audio Mining solution can help process thousands of hours of audio data and identify the word ‘fraud’ and help to know why the customer or the service executive used the word and take necessary actions immediately.
- Process Improvement – Aforementioned audio mining solution can also help in staff training and process improvement. Examples:
- Usage of “I don’t know” as a key phrase to identify crucial knowledge gaps and develop targeted training.
- If the words “bill” and “overcharge” start occurring together often, company can quickly retrospect on their billing procedure and course correct as required
Uniphore Technologies Inc is a pioneer in the speech based solutions market and has built voice based solutions in 14 languages and 100+ dialects. Would you like to know more? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be more than happy to send you the relevant details!
About Uniphore: Uniphore Technologies Inc is the leader in Multi lingual speech-based software solutions. Uniphore’s solutions allow any machine to understand and respond to natural human speech, thus enabling humans to use the most natural of communication modes, speech, to engage and instruct machines. Uniphore operates from its corporate headquarters at IIT Madras Research Park, Chennai, India and has sales offices in Middle East (Dubai, UAE) as well as in Manila, Philippines.