The third edition of Drivers for Deploying Speech Analytics 2018 by Opus Research, an annual survey commissioned by Uniphore Software Systems, reveals that 57% of companies in Southeast Asia deployed speech analytics for marketing initiative support.
Opus Research interviewed 502 decision-makers across the regions and varying verticals like Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO). The sample spanned North America, South-East Asia (India, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines) and Western European (UK, Germany) regions. Issues under investigation closely parallel surveys conducted in 2016 and 2017, giving Opus Research the opportunity to observe year-to-year changes and draw conclusions about the implications and potential of Speech Analytics solutions to support their customer care and general business objectives.
Key Global Insights
The global tracking study on speech analytics 2018 by Opus Research sponsored by Uniphore gives you following insights.
- Speech Analytics adoption is widespread and global in nature
- 82% of the respondents have deployed speech analytics solutions
- Impact of compliance of law and regulations
- Growing interest in real-time applications
- Impact of Speech Analytics in marketing plans, Operations, and CX
- Informing VA and chatbots is on the respondents’ radar
- Adoption trends by geographic regions and industry
Spotlight on Southeast Asia
In past years, Southeast Asia took a modest approach by moving into sales support strategies, support ‘root cause’ and trends analysis.
- For the year 2018 “Support marketing initiatives” tops the list of primary reason to deploy with 57%
- 52% of respondents cite “understand customer intent” as the reason for deploying Speech Analytics Technology
- Followed by 49% for “Increasing Sales and Collections” and 42% “Compliance with Laws and Regulations”