Wish you Happy New Year 2015! We are at dawn of the year 2015. I hope it’s ideal time for you to prioritize your IT budget for the upcoming financial year. To make a wise IT investment and assure fair returns, it is imperative to understand the contact center trends. As per the ‘Callcentre helper’ article, the top trends influencing the contact center effectiveness are:
- Upper management prioritize quality over quantity
- Customer journey is taking priority over business process mapping
- Customers are being overwhelmed by survey requests
- Agents handle more than one contact at a time
- First Contact Resolution (FCR) trumps Average Handling Time (AHT)
- Role of contact center has been acknowledged in revenue generation
- Looking after staff helps look after customers
- Businesses aren’t taking compliance as serious as they should be
- Mix of sales and customer service role is most appealing
- Poor training continues
Summing up, the above trends can broadly be mapped to Customer Engagement, Revenue Generation, Process Compliance, and Regulatory Compliance & Risk Management. Now, how can businesses respond?
Four steps to improve contact center effectiveness
It is universally recognized that ‘Speech Analytics’, the process of systematic speech analysis, helps contact centers increase their agent’s quality, improve customer satisfaction, identify revenue generation opportunities and improve risk mitigation procedures and processes. It amplifies contact center effectiveness in 4 ways:
1. Workforce training: Using agent quality scoring mechanism,
- Agent’s level of understanding customer inquiry and intellect in responding to those queries are monitored and scored
- Agents’ performance can be measured and relevant training plan can be provided accordingly
2. Revenue Generation: Using real-time keyword spotting, contact centers can
- Monitor customer calls and spot words uttered by customer that are relevant to potential cross-sell or up-sell opportunities.
- Once the words are spotted, a pop-up can be shown on the agent’s screen with details of the product for up-sell or cross-sell.
3. Process compliance: By mining large volumes of customer data and real-time transcription, contact centers can
- Identify patterns. Example: words “bill” and “overcharge” start occurring together often in customer conversations. Alert Product team to quickly course correct and take necessary actions
- Compare & map agent conversations with call scripts for monitoring corporate compliance. Example: Agent’s usage of standard script and deviations can be monitored and reported
4. Risk Management: By mining the audio data, contact centers can
- Monitor mis-selling and improper conduct to enable meaningful intervention. Example: Identifying the word ‘Fraud’ in the audio data to know why the customer or the service executive used the word and take necessary actions immediately
For more information on the ‘Four ways to improve contact center effectiveness in 2015’, click here to watch the webcast online or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Uniphore: Uniphore Technologies Inc is the leader in Multi lingual speech-based software solutions. Uniphore’s solutions allow any machine to understand and respond to natural human speech, thus enabling humans to use the most natural of communication modes, speech, to engage and instruct machines. Uniphore operates from its corporate headquarters at IIT Madras Research Park, Chennai, India and has sales offices in Middle East (Dubai, UAE) as well as in Manila, Philippines.