The Vice President and Head of Core Tech Research is responsible for the strategy and execution for our Core Speech and NLP research & development. He or she is passionate about pushing the boundaries of machine interpretation and understanding of human speech.
- Own and Lead Core Speech and NLP Tech Research & Development for Uniphore
- Speech Tech: Multi-lingual ASR, TTS, Emotion Recognition, Audio enhancements, Speaker separation/diarization, Speaker identification, Voice Biometrics etc
- NLP Tech: Conversational NLU, NLG, Unsupervised Conversation/Dialog Analysis Tools & Methods etc
- Build & Lead a solid, distributed team of Speech, Data and NLP Scientists and Engineers to achieve the Organization and Function objectives. Hiring & People Development.
- Plan, Manage and Drive Short-, Medium- and Long-Term research goals and deliverables from the team in alignment with the overall Product Strategy and Roadmap.
- Foster Innovation, Cutting-edge Research and Grow IP and Patent portfolio for Uniphore
- Partner with Product Management and Product Engineering for overall Product & Solutions Roadmap alignment and integrations.
- Will own and manage the Core Tech Budget
- Core Tech Evangelist, Thought Leader both Internally as well as Externally
- Network, Participate and Speak about Uniphore’s Core Tech initiatives at Key Industry Events and Forums
- Drive Core Tech Evangelism within Uniphore across Product, Delivery, Sales, Marketing and Pre-Sales
- Create and Publish Research Papers, Whitepapers, Blogs on popular mediums.
- Partner with Academia regarding Speech and NLP research.
- Phd and Research Scholar in Speech, Signal Processing, NL or Data Science
- 15+ years of Research and Industry experience in Speech, NL or DS/ML
- Should have managed a team of 10+ Research and Data Scientists/Engineers
- Solid Experience in at least two of the following areas: ASR, Conversational NLU, NLG, Deep Learning
- Should have built, led and managed mid to large sized R&D teams