Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Updated: December 7, 2023
Thank you for your interest in joining Uniphore Technologies Inc., including its subsidiaries, (collectively, “Uniphore,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). Protecting your privacy is important to us. This Job Applicant Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how we collect, use, and share personal information when you apply for a job with Uniphore.
This Notice applies to job applicants and describes Uniphore’s privacy practices when you apply for employment or are considered for a position with Uniphore. Capitalized terms not defined in this Notice are defined in our Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect
We collect and process personal information for recruitment, interviewing, and hiring purposes as described in this Notice (collectively, “Recruitment Activities”).
A. Information You Provide to Us
In addition to the information that we collect when you use our Sites, as described in our Privacy Notice, we collect the following information directly from you as part of our Recruitment Activities:
- Name, email, residential address and telephone number;
- Link to your social media profile (LinkedIn);
- Academic and professional experience such as employment history, level of education, skills, certifications, professional affiliations, and other relevant career information you choose to provide;
- Work eligibility such as your eligibility to work in the country where you applied for a job and your start date; and
- Salary expectations for the position(s) of interest.
- Geographic location information
- Any additional information you provide to us through your resume or as part of the Recruitment Activities.
B. Publicly Available Information
We collect or reference information about you from publicly available sources, such as LinkedIn, during our Recruitment Activities.
C. Information We Collect from Third Parties
We receive information about you from third parties, such as recruiting agencies, background check suppliers, and former employers to engage in and support our Recruitment Activities. We only use information about you that we receive from third parties for the purposes described in this Notice.
Personal information that third parties share with us includes:
- Contact information; and
- Academic and professional background information, such as referrals from current and former employees, contractors, recruiting agencies.
How We Use Information
When you interact with us during our Recruitment Activities, we use your personal information in the following ways:
- Communicate with you – We use your personal information to engage with you, including contacting you during the screening and interviewing process and communicating with you through our Recruitment Activities
- Engage in our Recruitment Activities – We use your personal information to engage with you in providing, operating, monitoring, and maintaining our Recruitment Activities. For example, we need your information to evaluate and verify your application and qualifications for employment, prepare for and conduct interviews and screenings, conduct background and criminal checks, check references, arrange travel where applicable, or reimburse you for travel expenses, where agreed upon by you and the company.
- Provide and improve functionality – We use your personal information to ensure our Recruitment Activities function appropriately, analyze how you interact with us during our Recruitment Activities, and improve your experience and the quality of our Recruitment Activities. For example, we collect information about which websites you visited before applying to determine the effectiveness of our job postings. We also collect your information to determine whether you have previously visited our career page.
- Promote the security of our Recruitment Activities – We use your personal information to investigate and prevent fraudulent behavior, unauthorized access related to our Recruitment Activities and other illegal activities by verifying that the information that we collect about you is true and accurate, such as for reference checks.
- Develop and improve our Recruitment Activities – We process your personal information for our legitimate business purposes, such as internally evaluating our recruitment process, submitting reports as required by law, and conducting analytics.
- Legal, Regulatory, Safety and Compliance purposes – We use your personal information to comply with laws or regulations, respond to regulatory, court, or government authority requests when necessary for enforcement or protection against harm, resolve legal disputes, and review compliance with applicable usage terms, such as work eligibility in the country of employment.
- Other purposes – If we need to use your personal information for other purposes not described above, we will notify you in advance and ask for your consent.
How We Share Information
We share your personal information with third parties as required by law and as part of our business practices, as described below.
A. Corporate Affiliates
We share your information with members of our corporate group of companies. If we transfer your personal information to a party unaffiliated with Uniphore as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we will provide you with notice before transferring your personal information to the new entity. Notice will be provided through our Sites.
B. Service Providers
We work with service providers such as skills evaluation providers, recruiting and HR software providers, recruiting agencies, and consultants to help us with our Recruitment Activities. Under contract with Uniphore, these third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services or perform them on our behalf.
Certain third-party service providers have separate user terms and privacy notices that are independent of this Notice which could apply to personal information they obtain outside of our Recruiting Activities, which are accessible through such third parties.
We require third-party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information to provide appropriate security measures in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with this Notice, contractual obligations, their privacy and security obligations, and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. However, we are not responsible for the privacy and data security practices of third parties outside of the personal information we receive from or transfer to them. We recommend carefully reviewing the terms and privacy notices of each third-party service, website, and/or application prior to use.
C. Public Authorities, Officials, or Others
We disclose your personal information when disclosure is:
- Reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or
- Enforceable governmental request;
- Necessary to enforce this Notice;
- Required to enforce our contractual obligations, including investigation of potential violations; or
- Necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Uniphore, you, or the
- Public as required or permitted by law.
How We Store and Protect Information
Uniphore retains your personal data according to our documented internal data retention standard, based on careful consideration of our lawful bases of processing your personal data and applicable local legal and regulatory requirements. We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Although we have security safeguards in place to protect your information, we cannot guarantee absolute security in all situations. If you have questions about our information security practices, please contact us using the email address in the “Contact Us” section below.
International Data Transfers
If you provide us with your personal information, we may transfer your personal information to other countries. Some of these countries may have different data protection laws than the country in which you initially provided the information to us, and you may have few rights with respect to your personal information. If you do not want your personal information transferred to other countries, please do not submit any information to us.
To the extent required by law, we will take measures to protect the cross-border transfer of your information.
Legal Bases for Processing (for EEA Job Applicants)
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we collect and process your personal information only where we have legal basis for doing so under applicable European Union laws. The legal basis depends on Uniphore’s relationship with you and how you choose to interact with us. This means we collect and use your personal data only:
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you;
- To operate our business, including improving and developing our Recruitment Activities, for fraud prevention purposes, improving your experience, or other legitimate interest; and/or
- As otherwise in compliance with law.
If you have any questions about the legal basis for processing, please contact us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section.
Your Privacy Choices and Rights
You have certain choices and rights available when it comes to the personal information that we collect.
A. Your Choices
Where appropriate or legally required, we describe how we use the personal information collected, so you can make choices about your personal information. See our Privacy Notice to learn more about your choices.
When you engage in our Recruiting Activities, you may receive emails or other forms of communication from us. You can opt out of recruiting and event communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
B. Your Rights
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain rights in connection with your personal information. These rights vary depending on your jurisdiction. To learn more about your rights, please see our Privacy Notice.
Unless otherwise explained to you in advance, you are not obligated to provide your personal information to Uniphore. If you decide not to provide your personal information, we will not be able to engage in Recruitment Activities with you. You may also request that we withdraw your application for a specific position without deleting your information.
C. Exercising Your Rights
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before responding to rights requests. Please see our Privacy Notice for more information.
Changes to This Notice
This Notice may be modified at any time and for any reason. You can determine when this Notice was last revised by referring to the “Updated” date at the top of this Notice. We encourage you to review the Notice whenever you interact with our Recruitment Activities to stay informed about our privacy practices and the ways that you can help protect your privacy.
If we make significant changes to this Notice, we will notify you through a prominent notification on our Sites. If you do not agree with the privacy practices disclosed in the Notice, we recommend you stop engaging in our Recruitment Activities.
If you have questions about this Notice or to update or request changes to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected] or write to us:
United States of America
Uniphore Technologies Inc.
Attn: General Counsel
1001 Page Mill Road
Building 4, Suite 100-B
Palo Alto, California 94304
Uniphore Technologies Deutschland GmbH
Attn: General Counsel