- What do we know about customers?
- How do we address their challenges of using our services/products?
These are the two elemental questions that businesses try to solve by employing a customer contact center. But are they (contact centers) really serving this purpose?
Some of the interesting customer experience reports tell that poor customer experiences in contact centers are becoming the key reason to lose existing customers and potential new buyers. Global Customer Service Barometer says, ‘Consumers are 2 times more likely to share their bad customer service experiences than they are to talk about positive experiences’. In fact, bad experiences are more likely to be shared across social circles like friends & family, co-workers, etc. It just doesn’t end there… with the onset of social media revolution, poor customer experience reviews in Florida can spread to the other side of the globe, say Shanghai, within seconds.
I have picked four infamous bad customer experience scenarios from a Call Center Helper article here to explain how it can be changed using Speech Analytics:
1. “An irate woman rang. She said she’d shoot herself if she got put on hold again. The customer service agent told her to get the gun ready, and hit ‘hold’.”
Without having any idea on the customer’s mental state, the customer service agent had reacted crassly. What if the customer really had a gun to her head? Though that is highly unlikely to happen, it is not impossible. Unsurprisingly the agent was fired for his misconduct.
Through Speech Analytics, the customer’s emotional level could be captured through sentiment analysis in real time. The agent’s supervisor can be alerted instantly and he can possibly chip in to show empathy and politely console the customer for whatever bitter experience she had before. This whole scenario could have been avoided.
2. “Agent saying “why did you do that?” to a distressed caller who had tied their dog on a choke chain to a level crossing that had gone up.”
Asking a pointless question like that to an already stressed customer who has accidentally hanged their dog was very rude and impolite. This could have been avoided if the agent rigidly adhered to their procedures.
One of the key features of Speech Analytics is to spot the areas where the agent is not adhering to the script. This will help the supervisors and quality managers to train the agents effectively to adhere to the script and the agents themselves will not deviate since they are aware that their interactions are monitored closely.
3. Failing to mute the call – “A furious agent used profane language on customer by thinking that she mute the call. Turns out she wasn’t on mute at all. The complaint call wasn’t easy to deal with!”
It was easy for the quality team to process this compliant and fire the agent. Reacting highly unprofessional was wrong, but agents are humans too, they tend to get annoyed occasionally.
Speech Analytics provides scores on agent’s in-call quality based on various attributes, including disciplined approach. This agent quality scoreboard helps supervisors/quality managers analyse the agent’s behavior and avoid trouble.
4. “I wanted to cancel my personal accident insurance. After 20 mins and me saying no to various offers he offered it for 2 pence per month and then said it would be confirmed never as that deal would never exist. That didn’t encourage me to renew my personal accident cover …but it was quite funny.”
Some agents love to play with customers by putting their organizations reputation at stake. These conversations often end-up by creating negative customer experience or indulging false expectation about the organization to the customer.
Speech Analytics transcripts customer-agent interactions in real-time, this help supervisors/quality managers identify agent’s misconduct and inappropriate behavior to the customers.
Speech Analytics re-energizes your customer experience:
Speech Analytics serves as a powerful tool to help contact centers achieve 100% quality under following circumstances:
- Non adherence to standard script – Spot the areas where agent deviated from or did not adhere to script
- Representative’s rude behavior and/or misconduct – Identify inappropriate words or phrases used in customer interaction
- Agent’s quality – Analyze calls for agent’s language proficiency and polite behavior with customers in real-time
- Earning customer’s trust – Monitor calls, spot areas where customer displays negative emotion or dissatisfaction with service, and rectify issues
To know more on how to integrate Speech Analytics into your contact center to improve customer experience by 100% click here and download this informative white paper or mail me at email@example.com
About Uniphore: Uniphore Technologies Inc is the leader in Multi lingual speech-based software solutions. Uniphore’s solutions allow any machine to understand and respond to natural human speech, thus enabling humans to use the most natural of communication modes, speech, to engage and instruct machines. Uniphore operates from its corporate headquarters at IIT Madras Research Park, Chennai, India and has sales offices in Middle East (Dubai, UAE) as well as in Manila, Philippines.